Paris, the iconic capital of France, experiences an oceanic climate with subtle influences from the continental climate. Winters in Paris are cold but generally mild, with occasional frosts and infrequent snowfall. Summers are warm and can sometimes be hot, especially during heatwaves. The city witnesses moderate rainfall distributed throughout the year, with late spring and early autumn being particularly pleasant times to visit. The Seine River, which snakes through Paris, can sometimes influence localized weather patterns.
- Temperatures in spring show a gradual increase, starting with average highs around 12°C (54°F) in March and reaching up to 20°C (68°F) by May.
- Rainfall is moderate during this period, with increasing daylight hours.
- The summer months are characterized by warm temperatures, often in the mid to high 20s°C (70s°F). Occasional heatwaves can push temperatures above 30°C (86°F).
- Rainfall varies, with both dry spells and occasional thunderstorms.
- During autumn, temperatures begin to cool, starting from the mild 20s°C (70s°F) in September and dropping to the 10s°C (50s°F) by November.
- Rainfall becomes more frequent as the season progresses.
- Winter temperatures typically range from 3°C to 6°C (37°F to 43°F), with occasional drops below freezing.
- Snowfall is infrequent and usually light, often melting within a short period.
super-embed: <iframe src="https://storage.googleapis.com/charlse/meteo/plotly/temperatures-paris-montsouris.html" height="420"><iframe>
super-embed: <iframe src="https://storage.googleapis.com/charlse/meteo/plotly/pluviometrie-paris-montsouris.html" height="420"><iframe>