Nice, gracefully perched on the French Riviera along the azure waters of the Mediterranean Sea, boasts a Mediterranean climate that has long been the envy of many. This climate gifts Nice with mild, moist winters and hot, dry summers. The city is blessed with an abundance of sunshine, averaging about 300 sunny days a year, which has contributed to its reputation as a premier tourist destination. The surrounding Alps provide a natural barrier against the cold northern winds, ensuring that even in winter, temperatures remain relatively moderate. The gentle sea breezes offer a refreshing reprieve during the warmer months.
- Spring in Nice sees temperatures rise steadily, with average highs starting around 15°C (59°F) early in the season and reaching up to 21°C (70°F) by its end.
- Rainfall decreases as spring progresses, and the city benefits from increasing daylight hours.
- The summer months are warm and sunny. Temperatures often hover in the mid to high 20s°C (70s to 80s°F), but can occasionally reach into the 30s°C (90s°F).
- Rainfall is sparse, and the city experiences plenty of sunshine, typical of its Mediterranean setting.
- Autumn witnesses a decline in temperatures, starting from the mid-20s°C (70s°F) early in the season and dropping to the high teens°C (60s°F) by its end.
- Rainfall increases, especially in October, which can sometimes see heavy downpours.
- Winters in Nice are mild, especially when compared to northern parts of France. Temperatures typically range from 8°C to 15°C (46°F to 59°F).
- Rainfall is moderate, and snow is extremely rare.
super-embed: <iframe src="https://storage.googleapis.com/charlse/meteo/plotly/temperatures-nice.html" height="420"><iframe>
super-embed: <iframe src="https://storage.googleapis.com/charlse/meteo/plotly/pluviometrie-nice.html" height="420"><iframe>